Saturday, December 10, 2011

interpretation of appearances

I just want to comment on above photo. 
This is a very informative photo to show that some places are more vulnerable to flood because of the direction of the wave, or because if there are sudden istmus, there water rises more to flood. But in this image what we do not know is that probably the cars are turning down not because there are high water level, but because under the water the cars crashes on  a ridge barrier made of stone or whatever.
It is possible that a wave rise that high, but the water height is not really whole water mass, but water over flooding from a barrier. I do not have any image of this area prior to flood, thus I only speculate.
The boats are staying straight. If it were only water, the cars would rather sink, I speculate that the unvisible barrier underneath creates such turned cars.
However, if you would ask me  to draw an imaginary model of a Tsunami wave in the middle of the sea, I would possibly draw such an appearance.  I am interested in tsunami wave appearances to recognize them at least two minutes ago before they arrive to the shore.
The grey drawned area with a tet on the right bottom of the image is to speculate that there might found a ridge, wall, etc.

Pages