Friday, November 4, 2011

Body factors effecting fast swimming many times is not only a good swimming style but shape

Although this female swimmer rightfully swims, my point in this post is rather some of her body lenghts, shapes.


Advantages of some measures of her:
Her back, that covers the Lungs from the back is comparably is wide for a female,
Her shoulders are comparabley wider than average females
Her head is small relative to her body.

Figure 1. A female swimmer (forward crawling swimming style) with a wideback over her Lung area, and comparatively with a narrow small head.



Such small heads leave more space between arm and mouth to easily breath air during swimming arm strokes
Her neck is not that short( allowing her to turn her head to sides to take fresh air into lungs under her arm during her this style swimming (this style is 'forward crawl', or 'freestyle').(Figure 2. )

Figure 2. Taking air into lungs during a swimming stroke.
Disadvantages of some measures of her regarding fast-swim:
Her arms, hands are short, she can not pull much water to swim fast even if she exells in this swimming stroke style.


Anyway, that someone does not have the best body measures for swimming does not mean anything.
Swimming or doing some exercise in water is healthy regardless of swimming fast.
Fast swimming is a profession requirement. Water exercises are more useful to reduce special area unwanted fats when rather exercises tailored to each person regardless of fast swimming. For example widely opened scissors movement of legs staying at the same place in water is very good, healthy exercise for upper legs, hip and tummy, this movement protects knee, ankle ligaments from excess shock as might occur by running.
Although I am an open sea long distance (10km or more) swimmer, I always try to give some time to scissor exercise of legs in water.
For a swimmer with an aim to be an olympic champion, scissor movement at the same point is not the best exercise to spend time. But as a female, since arm stroke of  swimming might widen back area too much, I like exercising my lower body part more by ignoring to reach to some distances.
But, swimming good over long distance gives me the feeling of being safe in case a wave/current takes me too far distances from beach. 
Soldiers and some champions aims can be different from my aim. My priority aim in swimming is to shape my body healthly.

.......................................................................................................................
How to learn swimming? Which style is the best to learn first?
The best way to learn swimming is to learn floating on your back (back floating) in a calm water.
Learning all swimming styles is not the best thing to do to learn swimming.
A wavy sea is never a place to learn floating on your back.

Figure 3.
One, first of all needs to learn to stay on her/his back comfartable, arms wide open, relaxed for at least 10 minutes in sea, without any kicking or any arm stroke.
So confortable back floating in a wave-free sea, that one should feel as if she/he is lying on her back, arms open, on her back in a bed, and looking at to the ceil of her room.
This was the the way I learned swimming when I was a child.
At the beginning, for two days, one can not lie on her/his back without a support.


Figure 4. A hand supporting from the back.

Someone supported my back with her/his hand as shown in the figure when I floated in sea.  Eventually, they leaved me supportless for a few second, I noticed I did back floating at least for a few seconds, then a minute, then I floated on my own.
Learning swimming equals to floating in a sea without any support.
The supporting person does not necessarily needs to know swimming, supporting person should be tall enough to stand in a pool and to support the learner from the back.
Back floating is easy in a calm sea, because there is no water to close nose nostrils.
When I was very little, prior to managing swimming, I used some child air bags to hold with my hands and kick with my freelegs to move in sea, but swimming with such child air bags
does not teach to float in sea, such stay-in-sea-kicks helps to recognize water, to understand kicking free legs in water, to recognize water.

Pages