Thursday, June 16, 2011

Healthy food can not be afforded more than 85 percent of people in world including well developed countries.

wE HUMAN developed ourselves to a better civilized level. We learned what is healthy, what is good, However, almost 80 percent of us still eat very bad. The reason is:  We do not have enough money to buy healthy foods.
Even in the top countries of the world, only a small percent of people afford to buy healthy foods. Starting from the childhood we eat very bad, because our life style is hard on us. We go to schools and there we can not buy healthy food. Education takes a huge time of us starting from the very early age. World is competitive and instead of cooking we eat bad food to spare time for our education.
The feeling of hunger, appetite most of the times interpreted as a bad unnecessary feeling. If we burn our tissues it hurts, it gives pain, even if we block pain the damage on the tissue will stay.
Hunger feeling is similar to pain, it just tells that some of our tissues are deprived of what we need.
Also the volume of the food important, food also required to stretch or stomach, our intestines. High volume of food helps stretching exercise of our digestive sytem. It is not researched yet, but, probably some sort of vegetable complex carbohydrates in intestine binds to water and fills/stretches intestines keeps bowel muscles working better.
There are dried vegetables on market claiming that they are good to loose fat; I believe dried vegetables may have some complex carbohyrates but they loose some vitamins, cofactors on shelf, they are not fresh to give exact benefit.
Many obese people are obese not because they just have a strong feeling to eat, but because their food lacks what their body needs for its health. To loose weight can not be done without eating  enough protein, vitamins, fresh fruits, vegetables etc.
Some people will not be obese, but will be vulnerable some other diseases. Normalweight is not a prove of healthy eating.
I am less that 50 kgs at my ideal weight, but to maintain my weight rather than skipping meals I need to spend a lot of time on cooking healthy foods. I need to eat freshly cooked fresh vegetables every day, but such fat free food is expensive. If I skip eating vegetable, that means my hunger feeling will start, I will eat bad food towards weight gain.
But, fresh cooked vegetables are not sold everywhere at an affordable price. I searched what people eat through market sold foods, It seems 90 percent of people can not afford to buy healthy foods. Vegetables are not expensive, but freshly cooked vegetables or fat-free red meat are expensive. In future we need to make arrangements to match each individual needs. I am a 50 kg female and I should not exceed 1500 Calories a day, I need to keep the volume of my foods high, I need to take enough vitamins such as Vitamin C, consumable minerals (iron, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, phosphate ...), I never should decrease my protein intake.
 Per week, I eat/consume approximately
10 kg fresh fruits,
1 kg fish,
5 kg vegetables (i.e., green beans, spinach, kale, eggplant, leek, cucumber, celery, tomato, peppers, corn, pumpkin, mushrooms, onion ),
4 kg red meat (wet weight),
50 gr nuts.
My mother forlong years cooked my fat-free meals when I was a student, postgaraduate student, but now I can not afford to hire a cook and I cook all foods I eat. I do not like cooking but for my health Ineed to.
Cooking above ingredients takes a lot of my time.
However, I am glad to be educated tolearn that it is not the volume of the food but the fat amount that makes its calories higher. When I was 12 years old, I was not educated to be able to calculate Calories to keep the volume of foods high, but now I am happy I can do that by our current knowledge. I love cucumbers and tomatoes, but when I was 12 I though eating 2 kg tomatoes and cucumber each day will make me fatter, now I know that their calories are very low and I can eat 1KG CUCUMBER AND TOMATOEs  each day. They maintain my body minerals at a healthy level, they have healthy water, and they have high volume to fill my stomach.
Vegetables loose their volume when cooked, but when in intestine they bind to water and swell again to fill intestine lumen. I noticed that my intestines/colon is healthier if I eat aubergine. My body is healthier when I eat green beans.
Vegetables are my favorite foods to loose or maintain weight for low calorie diets.
Although we humans learned a lot things about food, we do not know exactly why cucumber is good. I believe aubergine and cucumber has alkalizing effect. Although grapefruit is my favorite healthy food, it has acidifying effect. I eat all for a balance. This issue was not my primary concern on food when I was young, but at 50 years old, my stomach, body does not tolerate acidic foods as I used to.
If I am on a diet to loose weight,  this does not mean to me that I will feel hunger and I will stop eating, contrary if I am on my weight loosing program I eat as much vegetables as to stop my hunger feeling. It is very important to have aubergines in large amounts in my refrigerator. Sometimes I eat 2 kg of aubergine or more per day during weight loosing. In general this satisfies my hunger feeling, if NOT, I am allowed to eat even 3 kg of aubergine  a day. Aubergine can be replaced by green beans, kale or by other vegetables, green vegetables, I am also allowed to eat as much as cucumber I want. I am not allowed to increase the amount of everything, this is only for vegetables.
In this country aubergine, green beans and green peppers are found fresh and cheap on market.
Why aubergine keeps me good during weight loose I am not sure, it is also possible that aubergine has oxalic acid and it has some effects. 
My rule is simple.
Are you hungry, then eat any vegetable you like as much as you want.
Just eating cucumber does not keep me well. Cooked vegetables are essential in my diet.
I never skip eating fat-free red meat or fixed amount of fish during weight loosing, but I am not allowed to increase the amount of protein sources during weight loosing.
I never skip eating my fruit meals but I am not allowed to increase fruit  amounts per week. I do weekly shopping each week, since I like fruits sometimes it happens that I eat more fruits one day and I finish fruits less than a week, then I eat tomatoes and cucumber but do not buy fruits. Fruits are very healthy but their calories is not low as compared to tomatoes or cucumber.
My weight loose program never aims to loose weight more than 500 gr per week(2 kg a month ). Fast weight loosing programs are hazardous to our health.

I know that knowing all this information is not enough to loose weight. When I was 20, I was educated to calculate the calories, I had a car to drive to healthy cooked food selling places, but my university had a intense program and I did not have enough time to spend on eating. The food places next to my studying/working places either did not sell the food I need or they did but I could not afford to pay 20$ per meal.   

Eating fat will increase our appetite
When I eat fatty food rather than feeling satisfied I feel more hungry within an hour. Current knowledge in science support the idea that Fatty Acids(Fat ) is a signal molecule of hunger.
During fasting, some structures of our body called Lipases, break down the stored fat and increase fatty acids in circulation. Although Fat has more calories than proteins, since fatty acids signal hunger to some sensitive tissues, eating fat makes me hungry.
I know THAT not all people feel the same, but probably their muscles are different from mine. Maybe their muscles immediately take and use fatty acids from blood and immediately decreases fatty acids in blood, whereas my muscles during rest, at basal state, do not consume much fat/fatty acids ONLY USE fatty acids during exercise. When I eat fat it goes to my fat tissue rather than muscle, this is not wrong, it is healthy.
Our genes decides where to use fat we eat. If muscle or or fat tissue(adipocytes) do not take fatty acids from blood then diseases occur, blood vessels becomes damaged from exess amount of fat. Our adipocytes protects our blood vessels by taking excess amount of fat from blood, fat in fat tissue(adipocytes) is not bad, but fat in blood vessels is harmfull.
When we exercise muscle consumes the fat from blood.
Even if we do not eat any fat, our body will still have fat by converting complex carbohydrates into fat, however the processing complex carbohydrates will be slow and no sudden increases in fatty acids level will occur in blood. Slow increases in blood fatty acids level will be tolerated better by tissues.
Not all carbohydrates are good. fOR EXAMPLE table sugar is not a complex carbohdrate, table sugar is not good for body health.
When we eat fat rich foods (~ more than 10% of calories ), Liver can not control of making right amount of HDL(lipoproteins); if we eat complex carbohydrates, Liver synthesize correct proportional amount of fat and its carrying structures.
Consuming high amount of fat harm our health
When we eat complex carbohydrates(vegetables are complex carbohydrates), complex carbohydrates are absorbed from intestine and goes to liver. Liver converts most of such carbohydrates into fat and releases Liver synthesized fatty acids into blood, liver synthesized fatty acid are either consumed by muscle during eercise or stored in fat tissue. The advantage of eating complex carbohydrates rather than fat is that blood fatty acid levels are better regulated by the active role of Liver.
Man are more  lucky than women to consume fat because they have more muscle to consume fatty acids, in women there are not that much of muscle and fat goes to adipocyte tissue. We want that fatty acids go adipocyte and stored there protecting blood  vessels from excess fat.
Excess fat calcifies in blood vessels and causes hypertension, health problems. Body deals with fatty acids when Liver synthesize them slowly from complex carbohydrates.
The right amount of fat to eat changes by exercise, by weight, age; however, specially during weight loosing diets, it is better decreasing fat intake further.
Eat very low-fat.
The recommended intake for fat is 5 to 15 percent of a day’s calories. In a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, that means about 5 to 15 grams. There are dietary requirements for linolenic acid, linolenic acid or some unknown/other fatty acids which are found in grass-fed beef, fish, nuts, and oils. However, fat intake should never be higher than 10 percent during a low-calorie diet. When on a low calorie diet, the amount of fat intake can be reduced even more, down to 2 percent. Decreasing the fat calories will allow eating enough protein and more complex carbohydrates.

Pages